Friday, January 23, 2015
So here I am closing in on the end of January. But before I move forward I do want to show you one look back -- as I face the eternal dilemma. It's important, y'all.
Here is the question that everyone should be lucky enough to face. When contemplating peanut brittle, do you stand up for the pulled brittle (a la Nano) or are you a poured brittle fan (Susan, we revere your name)?
Now, some of you may wonder, because brittle is good. Who cares beyond this? And I am going to say that my own political stance is always toward compromise and peace and ways we all agree. So yes. Plus -- I have never encountered bad peanut brittle.
But I do feel the need to address the eternal debate.
There is a vocal Nano faction that tells me:
1. Nano (some may remember her as Sadie Forsythe, but you can call her Nano.)
2. Sadie's pulled brittle is light and airy, and one doesn't ever have to worry about breaking a tooth.
3. Coleen has mastered her grandmother's top-secret recipe and technique, so that the brittle she produces is Sadie-esque in every good way.
3. The left-over delicious sugary bits are so awesome on ice cream or stirred into coffee, . . .
But my poured brittle friends are also quite vocal, and they make an excellent point or two.
1. Poured brittle means everyone keeps their fingerprints -- not an insignificant consideration. Have you pulled peanut brittle, people? It will hurt you. Permanently.
2. My girl Susan has mastered the poured brittle that will not break your teeth. I do believe that most of us who think about poured brittle are thinking about a brittle that lacks the airy gorgeousness of Susan's brittle.
3. Susan's brittle = [ angelic choirs? orgasmic sugar rush? you will just have to take my word for it. ]
So for me it comes down to:
SHOCKINGLY DELICIOUS v. TOTALLY DELICIOUS
Not even a vote.