Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Poetry Slam!

Jenn's haiku theme this week:
The Road

The road in Texas
is straight, flat, never-ending.
But look at the sky!


"The Road Not Taken:"
Robert Frost spoke to my heart,
and I still wonder . . . .


My journey will lead
me to the best surprises
when I leave the road.

Photo info and credits:
"The Road Not Taken:" courtesy of gryphonscry@wordpress.com
(a great blog, by the way)
"Flat Texas Road" and "Lake Lugert: Quartz Mountain, Oklahoma"
were taken on my November road trip with my sister.

7 comments:

  1. Really nice! The photos really made the haiku pop, too. Gorgeous :D

    P.S. How could I give up on you? We Haiku-ers stick together, Lady!

    Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely that haiku would warm any heart! Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Inspirational! It's funny, I've seen a few Frost inspired poems this week. "Road" seems forever linked to him and the Beats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so good! Great pics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texas road could be a road out here, dry and flat is what it is all about in Aus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better (ok maybe a few unmentionable things) than beautiful words and pictures put together. When I construct a post with both elements...I'm just so much more proud of it. This was your best Haiku. Holly:)

    ReplyDelete