Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Tomato Follies: Here we go again!

So you remember my pathetic tomatoes from last year, right? This sad, sad picture was taken in August 2009, when my plant should have been groaning under the weight of all those warm, ripe, glowing red tomatoes.

People, I despaired.

But this weekend we planted a new crop of tomatoes and basil -- and I am ready to begin anew.

I may be delusional but I think I can already taste the perfect B.L.T. -- made with tomatoes from my own garden. Don't be a hater; it could happen!

3 comments:

  1. If I can do it you can! Good luck! Nothing better tasting than a home grown tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can. We used to grow lots of tomatoes in a big garden, but now are living in a yardless house, so my husband planted some tomato plants in pots and we've eaten some already. Nothing tastes as good as a homegrown tomato. (To quote Garrison Keilor: "Not like those tomatoes they strip mine in Texas.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay first I apologize for getting behind on blog reading. Second, you need to post new pictures of your beautiful tomato plants. They had a few tomatoes turning red last I saw, even after the neighbor with the brown thumb was left to care for them. Cats, no problem; theatre tickets a breeze, but you had me nervous with the plant assignment.

    ReplyDelete