Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snapshot: Why I suck

This tragically accurate (and let me note -- completely unstaged) picture tells you everything you need to know about me:

1. Newly purchased P90X workout discs (pricey) and glamorous "Extreme Home Fitness Nutrition Plan," being eaten by a delicious bag of potato chips. The girl in charge and I are starting this challenging! yet awesome! workout program ("Extreme workout! Extreme results!"), just as soon as we finish watching all of our backlogged NCIS and Gilmore Girls episodes. Honest!

2. Festive Merry Christmas tablecloth. Hello, January!

3. I've always had a thing for Sharpies, but it feels like the Sharpie Fairy scatters them all over my house like glitter, except more permanently staining. I seem to trip over them in the oddest places. Ask anyone, including Coleen's heart-faced girl, who, at the age of two, found one on the floor of my bedroom and proceeded to scribble in bright blue all over the pristine white belly of a sleeping Annie the Wonder Cat. Just one more way that my slovenly housekeeping has created one of my all-time favorite memories.

4. Blog posts, unwritten.

5. Bills, paid. Maybe.

6. A Midsummer Night's Dream. Hello, dream lover!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE NCIS.

    Won't even BOTHER with P90X. I know it'll kick my a$$ and I don't need anything to make me feel worse. Good for you for at least ATTEMPTING it.

    LOVE potato chips which is why I've had to stop buying them. Yes, my kids are deprived because their mother has no willpower.

    Never even ATTEMPTED to read Midsummer Night's Dream, so you're way ahead of me there.

    Bills paid? Most of them. I THINK.

    Blog Posts? Not today. Too busy reading every one else's?!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Liz! I love it! Wish I could P90X too, but that will have to wait until after knee surgery and rehab...at least I have an excuse to bail on my New Year's resolution...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So THAT'S where AMSND went. I've been looking for that. Thanks, Mom!

    --The Sunny Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Do your best and forget the rest."--Tony Horton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Gilmore Girls!! My daughter and I watched four seasons of reruns the first year Laura was out of college,living back at home and teaching. We came home every day and watched it together! I bought a small elliptical and it sat in my family room for six months. Now it's moved to a bedroom. My treadmill is a great clothes holder and I pay $39 a month to go to Curves from June 20th to Aug. 27th. I suck, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can eat the chips while executing P90X then I will be impressed!

    My husband has a friend who completely changed his body with that workout. He lost about 80 pounds and got pretty ripped. I don't know if he's been able to maintain it, haven't seen him in a while. I wish I could get that motivated about an exercise plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hysterical, and how we all are feeling right after the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chalice Theatre is putting on a musical version of MND, last two weekends this month and first weekend in March. Come join us! You'll recognize some of the performers.

    ReplyDelete