Friday, June 1, 2012

Small pleasures: Virginia countryside

These are some of the pictures I took on the way home from the softball game in South Boston, Virginia. 




This is a lovely part of the Old Dominion -- surrounded by lakes and rolling farmland. 



I can only imagine how old some of the homes in these little towns are . . .



Virginia is so beautiful.  We can offer you mountains, and beaches, and cities, 
and artists, and history, and hiking . . .
You should come visit -- you'll love it!

2 comments:

  1. I can almost hear that rolling river. Beautiful. As a child, I was mesmerized by the older part of town - street after street of romantic rambling estates. Now I just think - wow, how much would a plumbing repair cost in one of those babies? ;)

    Love you to pieces, Liz! xoxox
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful scenery, I am most certainly putting Virginia on my list of must see places.

    ReplyDelete