Monday, December 2, 2013

Before the thankful season gets away from me . . . .

 

I let an important anniversary get away from me this fall, but I know you are all with me as I savor the fact that it has been over a year since the tall boy has had an encounter with a hospital emergency staff, or a cardio-thoracic surgeon, or an interventional radiologist.



This fall, instead of taking this picture . . .


 

. . .  the husband and I met the tall boy and Her for a birthday celebration and took this glamour shot.  Way more fun in every way -- believe it.



Talk about Thanksgiving!

+ + + + + + +

The Advent Calendar book for today is perfect as we enter into the season of snow -- or at least the season of hoping for a few white flakes!


Snow, a Caldecott Honor Book by Uri Shulevitz, is a great picture book that perfectly captures the excitement a child feels upon seeing a first snowflake . . . and then a second, and a third.  Shulevitz portrays the frustration and faith of one little boy who longs for snow.  Gorgeous!





1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for your tall boy too! A reminder for us all that what we treasure can be taken away from us. And, I have a new book that I can look up for the next time the Littles come to visit :)

    ReplyDelete