Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catching up: Come, Holy Spirit!

So the sunny girl was confirmed at our church last month, and it was fabulous. Confirmation in the Catholic Church is a sacrament during which the confirmandi (dig the Latin!) are sealed with the Holy Spirit. For most people who are confirmed, this is the moment when they affirm to the bishop and the world that they will keep the promises made on their behalf by their parents and god-parents when they were baptized as infants.

And -- you get to buy a new dress!

The sunny girl chose the tall boy as her confirmation sponsor, because she has always looked up to him.

And I got to sponsor this Cool Breeze -- one of the sunny girl's besties. If you're looking for a rockin' sparkly mani/pedi and some excellent life philosophy, I can hook you up with her.

Oh, and if you were wondering why I took such a long break from blogging, this just might be one of the reasons: all three of my main subjects got obnoxiously camera shy; the girl in charge just flat out walked away from this photo. Eventually I told them that if they wouldn't let me take current pictures, I would just start using old photos. Very, very old photos. I've got some great shots -- real blackmail material. Let's just say we came to an understanding.

3 comments:

  1. Love it -- and I do love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the strategy:) I'm going to remember that one! She looks beautiful and all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you ended up with a fabulous photo, Smiling faces are a nice addition at times. This works. Her dress is very pretty for a beautiful girl and a beautiful occasion.

    ReplyDelete