Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Silly Haiku Wednesday

Join the fun!

Jenn at this excellent blog has issued a Wednesday haiku challenge. This week's theme: cupcakes! Let's see what I can come up with:


Tiny little cakes
Are best for tiny people.
I like my cake large.

Or maybe:

Cupcakes compel the
Room mother in my soul to
Frosting-covered angst.

Or how about this:

My tall boy prefers
His cupcakes without frosting.
He is a mutant.

Well -- this is addictive. Give it a try yourself at Jenn's blog! Just make sure you report back to me in the comments here -- because I love haikus, but I love silly more.

6 comments:

  1. LOL, Liz! I love the last one. I, too, have a mutant kid (he loves fish when the rest of us in the family don't)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!!! I love them both! You are truly an Awesome Haiku-er!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with next. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I like the last one best too, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a lovely inspiration in your addiction.
    3 is the magic number

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! I do so love a silly poem! Can't wait until next week!

    Jenn -- Thanks for issuing such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz -
    I was truly LOL!!!
    Mo

    ReplyDelete