Friday, September 25, 2009

Here's what I love:

. . . Saturday evenings with the fabulous neighbors.

Sometimes we plan an actual block party and I say "we" in the sense that I show up with my assigned potluck supper dish, after the fabulous neighbors have done all the scut work.

But sometimes (like last Saturday) we throw together a more last-minute, spontaneous, "you bring the paper plates because I've only got napkins," pizza in the cul-de-sac night.

Funny -- I sense that some fabulous neighbors
hate to be photographed . . .

. . . while their husbands hog the camera.

I bonded with my tall boy, who loves to sit back and listen to the jibber-jabber.

As the night got cooler, we were happy to have the fire pit (courtesy of the fabulous neighbors, of course). The youngest urchin and her street sister pulled out the cozy blankets and kept on partying.

More fabulous neighbors -- parents of the street sister.

Blaze the wonder dog watches the . . . well, I guess he's watching the blaze, isn't he?


8 comments:

  1. The unplanned gathering is by far the best way to go. No one expects a clean house, no one bothers to dress up, no one goes to the grocery store, everyone has a blast! I'm with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, we love being your "fabulous neighbors"!! Can't believe we got so lucky when we moved in next door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome fun and I agree 100% unplanned evenings are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always said that our block is really more of an extended family. Of course better pictures of the parents would be great. We really do look forward to block gatherings no matter how far in advance they are planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it! We do this down in FL too with our neighbors. Seems every Friday night we gather in in one driveway or another recapping the week and wathcing the kids play. It's moments like these that make us slow down and appreciate what we tend to miss in the midst of the chaos and mayhem of our daily grind. Great blog, and thanks for visiting mine ;-) I'll be back for more so keep'em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first visit to your blog this morning and loving it. I'm all for spontaneity, that's when you have BIG fun! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete