Holly at 504 Main has given me this award which completely floors me and makes me feel so grateful --
-- and if you go to Holly's site you will see a truly lovely blog. I'm just trying to keep up over here.
A treat I get to enjoy as a result of receiving this gift is that I can now offer it to other lovely, lovely blogs. That's what makes it so much fun!
So if you're in the mood for loveliness, or for meeting someone with a giant heart, or just for a blog that will make you laugh so hard you spit your coffee out, check out these bad boys and girls:
- SPQR Blues
- The Bloggess (NOTE: rated "NSFW" -- "not safe for work!" but funny as merde)
- An Inconvenient Tumor
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +And Jenn, my Canadian friend and uber-haiku queen, has passed this award along to me:
According to the rules of this award I get to --
*Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award. [Thanks so much Jenn!]
*Share “10 Honest Things” about myself .
*Present the award to ten other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or to those who have encouraged me.
Okie-dokie! Let's see if I can come up with ten honest things that won't bore you to death!
1. Although I have lived in Virginia for over thirty years, my soul belongs to the prairies of Oklahoma and Texas.
2. I cannot abide a pedicure.
3. I love all kinds of music, but opera? Meh.
4. If someone told me tomorrow that I could live anywhere on the planet I chose, I would be on a plane to London so fast you wouldn't get a chance to kiss me good-bye.
5. I get migraines bad enough that they put me to bed; when I encounter someone who says, "well, have you taken any Tylenol?" I hit that person on the head with a hammer I keep just for this purpose.
6. Politics completely aside, I think Barack Obama is hot.
7. I miss my mother.
8. Read or a party? Read. Read or eat? Read. Read or a movie? Read. Read or a fun crafty project? Oh, please. Read or sex? Read. It's unfortunate.
9. I really do think my kids are all that.
10. I didn't know I was a cat person until we got a dog.
OK, so now I need to put some thought into the blogs I would like to pass this along too -- although really, if I follow you or you are on my blogroll, just consider yourself awarded. Check back later today to see if I will be able to narrow down my list!